The Top 15 HR Vendor User Conferences for 2016
User conferences have come a LONG way over the past few years – from big name keynotes to professional and personal development to in depth skills you can use on the job right away – its a mix of practical and strategic you don’t always find at other events.
While a number of the “big” ones are done already for 2016, check out my top 10 list and sign up for the ones later this year or get these hr user conferences on your budget and agenda for 2017. I was bummed to have conflicts and not be able to attend a number of the spring events – you can be sure, next year I will try to get to even more. While some events are exclusive to clients, others are open to those that are considering the solution or even open to anyone interested in attending!
10 (or 15) User Conferences You Shouldn’t Miss
Talent Management Solution Events
- Cornerstone OnDemand – Convergence – 2017 TBD – Leave it to a company originally built on Learning to host an event focused on realizing your potential and making it really easy to live stream and watch from your office if you couldn’t make it. But don’t miss out on this in person – Today, Cornerstone products run full suite HR, and their conference is split into 7 tracks to give each attendee a really targeted experience to what matters most to them. The conversations about the future of work and the fun, Southern California culture of CSOD merge together to create a relaxed yet intelligent event.
- Ultimate Software – Connections – 2017 TBD – I can tell you first hand, this event is all about appreciating the clients AND employees of Ultimate in a really genuine way, something I have rarely seen at another User Conference. The sessions were really varied , the energy was intoxicating and speakers were as focused on their small and mid-market clients as enterprise. Employees from various departments were sitting in sessions and learning about HR best practices and trends along side current and prospective users. It was one of my favorite events I’ve ever spoken at.
- Workday – Rising – September 26-29 – Chicago, IL – This is a LARGE event – with 5,500 attendees (partners, employees & clients included) it is one of the largest conferences in HR overall, let alone vendor events. The attendees are a mix of highly strategic business minds (the financials session has more people in attendance than most vendor conferences have overall) to hr practitioners learning and developing their niche skill set. The environment is exactly what you expect of from workday – happy, energetic and fun.
- Globoforce – Workhuman – May 30-June 1 2017 – Phoenix, AZ – Every attendee you talk to about this event falls in love with it. The human perspective and big picture, future focused thinking about where work should be going is different than any HR conference you’ll ever attend. Rooms are filled with C-suite hr leaders from companies around the world. Its gone beyond another conference, into a movement to change work.
- Glassdoor – Summit – September 13-14 – San Francisco, CA – While they call this a recruiting conference, it is hard to argue the impact that Glassdoor has had on business – from recruitment to retention – how your employees both current and future view your company (and CEO) is telling – and no product tells it like Glassdoor. Their line up is filled with CEO’s, Founders & Business leaders as well as Employment Branding and Recruiting Pros. With a limited size of under 600, it is an event where conversations happen and business strategy is discussed. Its an event I’d suggest CHRO’s and Business Leaders attend to understand their workforce better
- IBM/Kenexa – IBM Smarter Workforce – May 17th – Toronto, ON
- Achievers – ACE – September 13-14 – Toronto, ON
Recruiting, Employment Branding & Talent Focused Events
- Hirevue – Digital Disruption – June 13-15 – Park City, Utah – Think yoga in the mountains or a hike in the morning as optional events on the agenda before starting your day. This event is power packed full of speakers you actually want to hear from – Vince Gilligan, Producer of Breaking Bad; Director of Customer Care at Rackspace; Sr Manager of Talent Acquisition at Netflix along with other pros from publishing, healthcare and pretty much every type of business you can think of.
- Linkedin – Talent Connect – October 5-7 – Las Vegas, NV – While this event is a little more focused on their own product, it is a great mix of linkedin employees, specialty consultants and hr practitioners actually talking about product hacks and how they use the product – with very specific examples and training. Speakers for this year have not been announced yet, but you can watch a few of the keynotes here
- Indeed – Interactive – May 25-27 – Austin, TX – Indeed has made their mark on the job board space, but their product line and expertise actually goes much further. This years event is focused on the high potential workforce and features speakers from companies like Starbucks, Fast Company and Johnson Controls along with specialty consultants like Will Staney and Stacy Zapar.
- Smashfly – Transfo[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][rm] – November 2-4 – Boston, MA – Few vendors have been focused on recruitment marketing space longer than the “recruitment marketing” space even existed, so it makes sense that they would be the ones to host the first conference fully focused on that space. While this is an inagural event, the depth of knowledge of their product team and client base is sure to make this a must attend event for anyone wanting to understand recruitment marketing in a more proactive way.
- Jobvite – Summit ’16 – May 17-18 – San Francisco, CA – A pure recruiting focused event with the goal of reimaginging hiring. With keynotes by people like Guy Kawasaki and Dan Finnegan and a who’s who of tech companies – this event really challenges you to think about how and why you do things to make it better – for candidates, hiring managers and recruiters.
Honorable Mentions –
- Greenhouse – Greenhouse Open – May 26-27 – San Francisco, CA
- Lever – Talent Innovation Summit – May 17 – San Francisco, CA
- Yello (Formerly Recsolu) – Conference 2016 – June 22-24 – Chicago, IL
Ok, so… Who did I miss? What event should be on my radar for 2017?[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]